About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Hummingbirds

HUMMINGBIRDS

Hummingbirds love to feed in Edith's garden. Every morning I see them by the crowd ("a host of golden daffodils"?) when I arrive for my morning swim. Lately, Edith has been counting about ten at a time. There had been dozens before. Edith continually makes them a sweet drink. Frequently, I take down the four hanging feeders, Edith fills them, and the birds return in all their tiny glory. I hear their shrill sounds. I watch the orange-tailed bully and watch in awe at their fast flights.

During summer 2013, there are fewer hummers than previous seasons, and the feeders don't empty quickly as they did before. I only see a few hummers at a time, including one with a bright red neck.

Here's one photo of one hummingbird in flight while eating, one sitting while drinking, and the tail of another.

Lola the dog and Bon Bon the cat play beneath the birds.

Hummingbirds
©  Joy Krauthammer

PS
In my own garden, there is one hummingbird very morning, and throughout the day that sits on top of the tallest branch of my fig tree. She leaves to feed and returns. Sitting nearby on the top branch of the pyracantha, is a Mockingbird singing her beautiful symphony. This lasts all spring. As the leaves fill the  early summer fig tree, the hummer is no longer visible to me, if it is present.

Hummingbird in fig tree
©  Joy Krauthammer
~ ~ ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

HI,

My rebbe Yosef tells me, "No one’s joy is complete unless he can share it with others."

This is probably why I love to share my joy writings with YOU.

I look forward to hearing from you.
BlesSings,
Joy